2023 Evaluation Roundtable Convening
September 28-29, 2023
Los Angeles, CA
Get Ready for the 2023 Evaluation Roundtable Convening!
The Evaluation Roundtable convening will explore the role of learning and evaluation in The California Endowment’s Building Healthy Communities initiative and Beyond 2020 efforts, and specifically its role in supporting the goal of advancing health equity in communities across California. We will examine the relationship of learning and evaluation to power and participation, audience and accountability, and evidence and proof.
We have reserved a block of rooms at the OMNI Hotel Los Angeles at the reasonable rate of $229/night. Book early to secure a reservation as there are limited rooms available. Reservations must be confirmed with a credit card by September 6, 2023. The hotel is about a mile from The California Endowment; we will offer shuttles between the hotel and the convening.
OMNI Hotel Los Angeles
251 South Olive St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Other details include:
- Cancel at least 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid a 1-night room penalty
- Guests will receive a 1-time, $25 Uber credit
- The hotel’s destination fee is waived for guests
- Guests will receive complimentary Deluxe WIFI
- Valet parking is discounted (normally $60+tax/night, reduced to $45+tax
Dietary Restrictions and Accommodations
Please take a moment to let us know of any dietary and/or accommodation request(s) you may have during your time at the Evaluation Roundtable Convening 2023. Please submit this form as soon as possible, so we may properly accommodate you at the event.
Before you arrive at the 2023 Evaluation Roundtable Convening, please review the following materials to prepare for our time together:
- Teaching Case- Pivot to Power: The California Endowment’s Learning Journey (15 minute video embedded below or available on YouTube, A written transcript is available here.)
- Teaching Case- Evolution not Revolution: Strategy, Learning, and Evaluation in The California Endowment’s Building Healthy Communities Initiative
- Participant List of attendees including organization and emails
- Local Restaurant Options for Voluntary Dine-Arounds
Thank you to our Evaluation Roundtable Funders!
Conrad Hilton Foundation
David and Lucile Packard Foundation
Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
James Irvine Foundation
The California Endowment
W.K. Kellogg Foundation